10 Clean Beauty Swaps To Detox Your Skincare Routine
As we move into the New Year, we wanted to share some simple clean beauty swaps that will help make your skincare routine more sustainable and eco-friendly!
The average woman uses 12 different beauty products every day (Harvard Business School) — cleansers, conditioners, hair dyes, fragrances, skin care products, scented lotions, nail polish, and makeup, to name a few. Take a quick glance at the labels, and you’ll see a cocktail of chemical components. Personal care products are made with over 10,000 chemical ingredients, some of which are linked to cancer, damage the reproductive system, or disrupt the endocrine system.
Most of the cosmetic products sold to women these days are not regulated by the FDA and can cause hazards in the long run for lots of women. These products constantly result in women experiencing negative mental health issues. Some people might be unbothered by the production of makeup because it is one of the highest economic boosters in the world, however even with so much money, lots of companies provide low quality products that can pollute our environment for hundreds of years to come.
From biodynamic skincare to plant based collagen alternatives, these are our top 10 switches for a natural beauty routine that works, with no cost to people or planet.
1. Cleanser – FāTH Skincare Resurfacing Botanical Cleanser
2. Face Oil – Maison Made Biodynamic® Rejuvenating Face Oil
3. Face Cream – La Fervance Eclat & Gommage Extraordinaire Duo Kit
4. Face Masks – BASIUM Terra Ayurvedic Face Mask
5. Serum – Irene Forte Hibiscus Serum
6. Shampoo & Conditioner – Pelegrims Shampoo & Conditioner Duo Set
7. Perfume – EAUSO VERT SINTRA Eau de Parfum
8. Lipsticks – Madame Gabriela Sydney at 8am Lipstick
9. Body Lotion – Be Here Farm + Nature Restorative Body Serum
10. Collagen – Terra Tonics Clean Collagen Serum